First of all, I would like to thank Sister Beverly of becomingtheoilandwine for tagging me in the Most Important Guest Tag. Beyond that, she helped boost my confidence as a new blogger by ‘following’ my blog. Her regular interactions on the posts are helpful. Thank you Sis! Visit her blog becomingtheoilandwine. It’s truly inspired.
“Behold, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If your heart is open to hear my voice and you open the door within, I will come in to you and feast with you, and you will feast with me.” Revelation 3:20
The above scripture paints a picture of how Jesus endures with us. The tense used is a present continuous one, indicating that Jesus is perpetually knocking at the door of our hearts, until we let Him in.
I don’t wanna leave Jesus standing out there for my refusal to open up, or my inability to hear. I see this tag as a way to reevaluate ourselves and our lives.
Have we ignored His knocks? Or have we completely shut our ears we don’t hear Him anymore?
Whatever the case is, the good news is He is still knocking. Go ahead now and swing that door wide open so that the Lord can come in and sup with you.
Now, to the tag.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who tagged you and include a link to their post
- Link the original post (The Most Important Guest Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag (Purple Rose) – The reluctant preacher’s daughter From Purple Rose: “I heard someone talking one day about how people would behave if Jesus showed up at their front door. I thought that would be a good idea for a tag. Good for self–reflection and fun.“
- Answer the 10 original questions asked by Purple Rose
- Tag as many people as you like
- Use the original tag image as the FEATURED image on your post
- Jesus has shown up unannounced at your front door, how long will it take you to answer the door?
- Is there anything you would want to put away or hide before you let Jesus in?
- If Jesus looks for your Bible, where will He find it?
- If Jesus asks you to play the last song you listened to, what song will it be?
- If Jesus asks you to put on the last TV show, movie, or YouTube video you watched, what will it be?
- It’s dinner time, what restaurant are you taking Jesus to?
- Do you invite anyone to join you for dinner or do you want to have dinner alone with Jesus?
- Jesus has never eaten at the restaurant you are at, what do you recommend He order for dinner?
- As you are eating dinner, you look toward the entrance and see the one person who has hurt you the most. What do you do?
- Before Jesus leaves, do you ask to take a picture with Him on your cell phone?
My answers to the above questions
- It might take me a little while to realize the knock is at my door and not the neighbor’s. Once I realize that, I would spring to the door and swing it ajar to let Him in.
- Nothing at all. I would only glance around to ensure everything is in place. But Jesus would already know if I am tidy or not, or if I’m hiding something.
- He would find my Bible lying open on my bed.
- Incidentally it would be a song bearing His name- JESUS by Samsong ft Mercy Chinwo.
- It would be a YouTube Channel, specifically a sermon by Apostle Joshua Selman.
- I’d cook for my Lord and Savior. Oh, what a joy that would be!
- Honestly, I would want to spend time alone with Him. But after I have done so, I’d invite friends, family and neighbors. “Get down here fast. You wouldn’t believe who came visiting. Jesus!” That’ll get them running.
- Well, because I’m cooking, I would prepare a three-course plant-based and nutritious meal. Is it a sin to overstuff Jesus with food?
- If I am still struggling with unforgiveness, I would invite them over and ask Jesus to heal my heart.
- A picture? It’s about to be a full-blown photo shoot. We’re having Cameramen, studio equipment etc, you name it. Because I tend to be extra, I would frame the photos and hang ’em in every room of the house.
I found this to be fun and exciting. If you’re anyone, you’re tagged as well!
I am tagging the following bloggers (if they choose to participate)-